**NEW DATE** Open House: Feb 22
Who: All interested families, children welcome!
What: Meet the teachers, learn about co-op, tour the classroom
Where: Our classroom at First Presbyterian Church of Snohomish (1306 Lake View Ave)
When: Friday, February 22nd, 2019 from 12-2pm (date has changed due to inclement weather)
What is a Cooperative Preschool?
Snohomish Cooperative Preschool is a non-profit school run by parents and teachers under the guidance of Edmonds Community College. What sets SCP apart from other preschools is the parent involvement inside and outside the classroom. The preschool’s board is comprised of parents. Parents plan field trips, member events and fundraisers. They keep our school clean and in good repair and, most importantly, parents work with the children in the classroom. With the help of EdCC parent educators, parents learn how to support the children as they engage in guided play, exploration and self-discovery. Having parents in the classroom enriches the experience and makes it easier for children to transition to a school environment. Our high adult to child ratios allow for more child-directed learning, more opportunities to interact with each child and increased supervision.
Each parent is required to fulfill SCP’s membership participation agreement which includes agreeing to work in the classroom once per week, attend monthly member meetings, have a member job, do their cleaning duties and more. SCP parents also enroll for credits with Edmonds Community College, Family Life Education Department, college fees are included with preschool tuition.
Benefits of Cooperative Preschools
- High adult to child ratios
- Low monthly fees
- No need to be potty-trained
- Younger siblings can come to class on their parent’s workday (as space allows)
- Parent involvement enriches the experience and helps your child transition to a school environment
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool is affiliated with Edmonds Community College, which provides invaluable support with their trained parent educators. As a member of SCP, you not only receive college credits via Edmonds Community College, but are eligible for an EdPass, which gives you access to great services and students discounts.
Snohomish Cooperative Preschool inspires curious, confident and empathetic lifelong learners.
Our mission at Snohomish Cooperative Preschool is to cultivate a play-based, collaborative community of learners, where children and adults explore, develop and thrive.