Benefits of Cooperative Preschools
- High adult : child ratios
- Low monthly fees
- No need to be potty trained
- Parent involvement enriches the experience and helps your child transition
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool is affiliated with Edmonds Community College, which provides invaluable support with their trained parent educators. As a member of SCP, you not only receive college credits via Edmonds Community College, but are eligible for an EdPass, which gives you access to great services and students discounts.
- Arrive on time and actively participate in the classroom on your assigned weekly workday. In the event of illness or vacation, member will find a qualified substitute.
- Attend mandatory member meetings, generally held on the fourth Thursday of each month, for the school year from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the school. The first half of a member meeting is spent discussing SCP business, the second half is the parent education portion lead by our EDCC parent educators. These meetings are not optional and children may not be present.
- Hold a supplemental member job, which generally requires 15 hours of commitment. Some jobs require more time and/or commitment. The time may be spread out during the year or all done within a few weeks depending on the job assignment.
- Participate in classroom cleanings during the year.
- Check email account daily for SCP correspondence.
- Provide a nutritious snack for the children on a rotating schedule (3’s & Pre-K classes only).
- Take home and launder dirty cleaning rags approximately once a quarter per laundry schedule. (3’s & Pre-K classes only)
- Participate in all fundraising events.
- Pay monthly tuition and fees on time.
- Become familiar with all of the classroom safety procedures and membership policies.
Tuition & Fees
For the upcoming, 2017-2018 school year:
- Registration fee, non-refundable:
- 2’s class: $50
- 3’s class: $75
- Pre-K class: $85
- 2’s class: $75/month
- 3’s class: $130/month
- Pre-K class: $150/month
- note: 25% discount for 2nd enrolled child
- Cleaning Deposit:
- all members: $75
- note: refunded after participating classroom cleanings during the school year
- Sibling Fee:
- 2’s class: $20/month
- 3’s class: $30/month
- Pre-K class: $40/month
- note: sibling fees begin at 9 months of age
- Late tuition and returned check fees will apply